Welcome To Totally Richmond
Totally Richmond is the local guide to the Borough of Richmond upon Thames (from Hampton to Barnes and everything in between), created and run by locals. We do our best to keep the site up to date so please let us know if you spot anything that needs a tweak. We're always interested in knowing what you think of the local restaurants.
Richmond, Surrey was named after Richmond, Yorkshire
Richmond Bridge, built in 1777, is the oldest bridge still standing over the Thames in the Greater London area.
The population of Richmond upon Thames in the 2011 census was 186,990.
Richmond Top Ten
There are so many things to do in Richmond upon Thames - here's our Top Ten (in no particular order)!
2. walking along the banks of the Thames, from Teddington Lock to Richmond. All in Richmond upon Thames
3. Shopping - on Richmond High Street
4. Hiring a boat on the River Thames
5. Eating at any of the great Richmond restaurants
6. Visiting Twickenham Stadium - for rugby or music
7. Watching a play at one of the many theatres
8. Buying local produce at one of the Farmers Markets
9. Taking the kids to the London Wetland Centre
10. Drinking a pint in the best pubs by the River Thames
Or just sitting at home in front of the tv and ordering some delivery food!
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames includes The London Borough
of Richmond upon Thames includes Richmond, Kew, Barnes, Ham, East Sheen,
Teddington, Whitton, St Margarets, Strawberry Hill, Mortlake, Petersham, Twickenham,
Hampton Hill and Hampton. We think it's the greatest community in Greater London -
perhaps in the whole of England, and it's becoming more and more green with significant
Richmond upon Thames was named so in 1963 despite Twickenham having twice the population of the town of Richmond and also being the home of the Borough Council offices. The town of Richmond is known as Richmond Surrey (or Richmond in Surrey).
Popular Blog Posts
Some of the most popular local articles include:
- Celebrity Richmond
- The most expensive house in Richmond?
- The decline of local retail
- Applying for primary schools
- The most popular restaurants on our site
- Confessions of a Richmond yummy mummy
- The best sunday roast in Richmond
Share This Page
© 2014 Totally Online, Richmond. All Rights Reserved. Website design by Totally Online Totally Online Ltd does not endorse any of the companies, businesses or tradesmen listed on this site. Totally Richmond covers the best of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and Richmond Surrey, UK. Including Twickenham, Sheen, Kew, Richmond, Ham, Hampton, Whitton, Barnes and Teddington. Richmond upon Thames, Richmond Surrey, Twickenham, Richmond in Surrey, Richmond in London England. Totally Clapham | Totally Cottages | Christmas in London | eebz